So while we pry our eyes away from the clock let’s talk about my favorite thing: tv. MMMMM….I do love me some tv. And summer is chock full of train-wreck reality television. Yummy.
Here is what I am watching and some of my super brilliant thoughts:
1) So You Think You Can Dance: Everything about this show makes me smile. I love the host and think that we would totally be good drinking buddies. I adore most of the personalities of the dancers. And as long as the dance has a story line then I eat it up. What I don’t get is some of the inside jokes. ‘Splain me this: what is “buck”? And what does it mean when they put their hand on their shoulders like that? And does anyone else think that Joshua looks a bit like Rosie Perez? And how adorable is Twitch?
2) Project Runway: 2 episodes in and I am struggling to find the person I want to root for. I dug Korto but now it seems like she has design insecurities. I like the two rockabilly chicks and am totally amused by the woman that looks like Cher and is obsessed with leatha. But this guy Blayne gives me a tummy ache. (“It’s not a name. It’s an appliance.”) It feels like the cast has a few too many characters that are bent on coming up with stupid catch phrases. Talking about yourself in the 3rd person does not = “hot tranny mess”. “Licious” does not = “fierce”. Design stuff, be yourself, then I will love you. Promise.
3) Nashville Star: I can not stand anything that comes out of Billy Ray’s mouth. His teleprompter skills are horrible and his attempts at impromptu banter make me cringe. So basically I fast forward and listen to the songs and that is it. I don’t even listen to the judges anymore because every week it is the same advice, “be more country”. Gotcha. But to be honest I got sucked into this show because one of the contestants had a great back-story. (mom of 5 sons, always wanted to be a singer…) And I am a total slave to a good back-story. Plus she is a pretty talented woman.
4) Shear Genius: These people are all crazy. Seriously. Crazy. But I have always liked the hair part of a makeover story and this show is all hair. It does get over the top in every episode but the last few have been yanking on the heart strings.
5) Next Food Network Chef: Why am I watching this? WHY?? It sucks hard. It is actually painful. But a part of me is rooting for the total OCD lady with good fashion. But really- I can’t imagine ANY of the contestants hosting their own food show.
6) Design Star: Another time suck that I wish I had never started watching. So so dull and drab. But like I said, I dig a good makeover story…Thank goodness I just saw a commercial for Bravo’s Top Design (it’ll be on in September!)
7) Why I am NOT watching Big Brother: because I think it will give my DVR an STD
So what are you guys watching and loving/hating? We have HOURS to fill while we wait for beta beta bo schmeta…sigh